bfmuffy's place

Thursday, March 29, 2007

I know that no one will read this blog so what I write will not matter to anyone.

My only child is 9 months pregnant with her first child. She shuts me out of her life and will probally shut me out of my grandchild's life too. I am a needy person, I was raised the oldest of 5 by parents who thought their only job was to feed and house us. Nurture, hah. I really tried to "be there" for my kid but I guess it didn't work. She does have a busy life. My son in law has a circle of friends that is unbelivable to one (me) that has none. My daughter also has a ton of friends so they have a crazy social life. When they need something my husband and I are the first to be called. I can't understand why they can't see things from our side.

I guess that this is just the way I feel today and I will have to get over it and wait to see what happens when the baby is born.

2 Comments:

  • Guess you were wrong. I was bored and was browsing through blogspot...
    And I just happened to read your post.

    I really hope you get a part in your grandchild's life. I really hope your daughter turns to you for advice. I really hope you get to be a good grandmother. I didn't have one. I mean. I have two. But I guess they didn't want to be grandmothers.

    Your daughter is going to realize that she needs to share this with you.

    I wish you all the best.

    By Blogger Orane, At 12:29 PM  

  • I read your post on the "Not Your Grandmother's Crochet" blog comment. I wish I could inspire you to give knitting or crocheting another try. I have taught a lot of so-called "uptight" people to do needlework and I have found that, half the time, I have just had to retrain them to throw out the rules of the previous person who tried to teach them. If you crochet too tightly, try just not wrapping the yarn around any fingers. I never wrap. I just let it run between my index and middle fingers and pinch it a bit when I need to. I think I am a bit uptight myself because I never can do any needle work in the traditional way! LOL! I do my yarn overs on knitting with my left hand and I insert the needle into the back of the stitch instead of the front. Anyway, I thought you sounded kind of cool. I am also glad to hear that your daughter is opening herself and her world and your granddaughter up to you. As for myself, I am 49 with a 10 year old and 8 year old - so I will probably be dead long before I ever see any grandchildren! LOL!

    By Blogger Beth, At 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home